Tso Moriri, Ladakh

Tso Moriri, Ladakh

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Coming to a mailbox near you ...

Today I decided that I was going to add blogging to the list of things I do.

The next time I meet someone new, which could possibly be in the next hour, and we begin talking (happens all the time) and when they finally pop the question…uh... the question of course being ‘what do you do besides work?’, I can add ‘blogging’ to my list of being a big foodie, a travel buff, a sports follower, a movie watcher, a book reader, etc. etc.

There are a lot of uninteresting people blogging out there. They write about their mundane lives and I bet can barely stay awake proof reading what they’ve written.

I, on the other hand have a very interesting life (or so I would like to believe)! How many people do you know that have been in a bank robbery, almost got thrown out of a train by a group of insane people being transported and not supervised, survived a vertebra fracture, been off salt and sugar for 2 years due to a rare blood disease, travelled across most continents, baked scrumptious desserts, thrown away a well paying, low stress, close-to-home job and moved to New York City...... Ah NYC … a lot of my writes are going to be about this unique metropolitan urban rollercoaster ride.

I’m certain I’ve perked up your interest. I’m positive you can hardly wait to read the next thing I post. I bet you’re going to be sending me fan mail pushing for more. However, be patient gentle reader because as we all know, the best things come to those who wait. And as much as I would like to entertain you on a daily basis via my more than exciting life, educate you with my pearls of wisdom and make you laugh with my uncanny sense of humour, I have many other things that I must do. Being single dimensional is not one of them.

However, I WILL be back. So much to write, so many ideas to share … do what you need to but you can't stop me now.

8 comments:

Guddu said...

Cool blog, well the first one I've ever read...well I'm one of those people too busy with kids, cooking, yoga, email, work and movies to read blogs. But yours sounds like fun and I'd love to read it.
Also when were you in a bank robbery??? Never knew that...tell me more...
Looking forward to the next post.
Guddu

Madhu said...

Nice blog, I like your writing style....but if you want the masses to read don't mention too much personal stuff. ( my viewpoint).
And when were you in the bank robbery and got thrown out of the train?
Look forward to the details.
Madhu

GB said...

Hey, nice to see you taking the plunge into the blogging world! Some inspiration for me... :-) Anyway, I did not know many of those interesting facts about you, but look forward to reading more on your blog. Pity you can't share the baking online in addition to anecdotes... :-(

Uma said...

Hi Ratan, at last you have started to actually write! How about adding the short stories for which you won some prizes in Chicago many many years ago? Oh well... there's one more of your secrets out in the open! One thing is sure to up the reader count - recipes of the scrumptious desserts you make!! I know at least three people who will be interested in reading those....

Cheers,
Uma

Anonymous said...

Hi Ratan,

Gosh it's been ages. And believe it or not, it was just a week ago I was thinking about you. How you doing? Why am I even asking, it's clear that you're Rockin'!

Welcome to the Blogosphere. You're gonna Love it here. It's one of the most cathartic and rewarding results of the web.

Keep smiling :)
Arif
www.vakil.org

Anonymous said...

Hi Ratan,

I have been meaning to comment for some time now - sorry it took so long. I've visited your blog several times now and have really enjoyed reading your interesting anecdotes. I look forward to reading more. Visit my blog when you have some time. www.politicalparley.com. It's more of a news blog though - so no interesting stories :-).
Take care
Anuradha

Rahul said...

Hi TM,

Cool Blogs. I look forward to them and helps to break up the monotony of work. U r having too much fun :)

Keep them coming.

Rahul

Anonymous said...

To quote my Wicked self "What a whirl what a whirl"... You my friend, are in the zone and definately in the persuit of happiness! Ahhh... to be in New York in the spring time... interested in a long weekend? All right you have gotten to me!!

FFG